Michael Haskins

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hemingway Days in Key West

I am a little behind in my writing this week because of my involvement with Hemingway Days here in Key West. I was one of four guest speakers at last week’s literary event and that was a great honor.

Lorian Hemingway, Ernest’s granddaughter, tracked me down in California earlier in the year and asked me to participate. I agreed but warned her I was no a good reader. She brought that up at last week’s event – after I read – and assured me I had done well and shouldn’t shy away from reading. She also mentioned how I’d first come to Key West because I wanted to see where her grandfather lived and wrote. She thanked me and dedicated a piece she read about her grandfather’s fishing to me. It was some evening for me.

Back to the point, I fell back on my writing and am trying to catch up and have tried to write longer than usual. I am hoping to get Stairway to the Bottom done by mid November and have it available on Kindle and Nook – and as a trade paperback on Amazon – in time for the holidays.

Authors Tom Corcoran, Michael, Lorian Hemingway, Mark Childress

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map